Kapacity.io is looking for a passionate Project Engineer to join our growing team and contribute to our mission of creating a society running 100% on renewable energy. We’re searching for a person with a curious mindset and with skills in designing and managing building automation products and projects.
You’ll join our growing operations team! As we are small and focused, the responsibilities are wide and the tasks diverse. This is an excellent position for a person looking to participate in the early life of a startup that is being built from the ground up. We expect great ambition towards building great products and helping our customers achieve their goals in energy efficiency and sustainability.
You’ll work on building and improving our product offering together with our team as well as with customers and stakeholders. Your main responsibilities will be related to improving our technical customer onboarding process and developing our capabilities with third party building automation systems. You will also be expected to contribute to product development and be involved in shaping the future of the company. We don’t expect you to code but rather be familiar with HVAC systems as well as building automation systems.
We are looking for a problem-solver and a team-player with some essential skills, as set out below.
- Working independently and taking initiative to solve difficult & complex problems
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field or similar level of education through work experience.
- Strong experience with design, implementation or installation of complex building automation projects and systems (Trend, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Niagara, Fidelix, Johnson Controls etc.)
- Ambition to build great products.
- Understanding of most common automation communication standards, including Modbus and BACnet
- Basic understanding of communication protocols such as HTTP and MQTT
- Excellent skills with Excel & Powerpoint
- Possesses a strong drive for results
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work together with our customers and partners to integrate our software service via API’s to building automation systems.
- Communicate with our customers, who are at the moment mainly in Finland, on a regular basis to translate their requirements into product features.
- Make vital decisions affecting directly the success of the company.
- Work with automating and simplifying our customer onboarding process.
- Work with our tech team to automate automation data collection.
- Help with technical questions in the sales process.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are ready to:
- Go the extra mile to reach your goals.
- Meet tight deadlines.
- Operate in a rapidly developing energy market environment
- Participate in building the early stages of a fast growing company
- Work independently, and make key decisions, on a day-to-day basis
- Make your mark in building a sustainable built environment.
- Want to help turn our electricity grid 100% renewable.
- Work hard and improve yourself every day.
On top of competitive compensation, including employee stock options, we offer you the chance to grow professionally and have the freedom to work the way you like. Your specific title, responsibilities and tasks will be negotiated based on your experience and own preferences.
The office language is English. We are happy to support you if you are interested in improving your Finnish or any other new language. As we are recruiting for early employees, we do require that you are able to frequently work with the team at our Helsinki office. Remote work is possible on a regular basis, but we strongly believe that being present at the office helps build the company culture.
The company was founded to increase the use of renewable energy with less costs. Join our growing and ambitious team of diverse personalities and have a front-row seat in the upcoming energy transformation!
Check out the job posting at the Hub! https://thehub.io/jobs/635be75fbede6f86571c9e4a
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com